The ANA Primary Treatment programme is available to everyone over the age of 18. We welcome private, and public funded clients. The Primary Treatment programme features:
- Accommodation, laundry facilities and leisure activities.
- One-to-one sessions with Key worker.
- Care plan – updated with progress and individual need.
- Learning life skills, and tools to be used in continued recovery.
- Group therapy with peers; beginning with exploring the disease model of addiction.
- Individuals will present their life-story, and written step-work.
- AA, NA and CA will attend ANA to provide private meetings for our clients during the week.
- Workshops – topics are often client led and include relapse prevention, relationships, The 12 Steps, family dynamics and conflict resolution, among others.
- Regular drug testing.
- Personalised medical regime if required.
- A graduation ceremony upon completion of your Primary Treatment programme.
Prior to your Primary Treatment admission, you will have an initial assessment:
- The programme will be explained.
- You will be given a tour of the building if assessment carried out at ANA.
- We can identify individual needs.
When you arrive on the first day of Primary Treatment:
- You will go through our admission process, meet the staff team and be shown to your room.
- You will meet your peers and your ‘Buddy’ – this is a member of the community who has been in Primary Treatment for a period who can provide peer support.
- If you are undergoing a detox as part of your treatment, you will meet with the doctor, and your medication will be prescribed.
- Staff are on hand 24 hours a day to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
ANA is flexible in treatment durations, so we can meet the needs of individual clients. The Primary Treatment programme can run for 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 weeks. If you require a different treatment time, this will be discussed during your initial interview.