1. Support and Therapy
This aspect of treatment runs throughout ANA Primary, Secondary and Third Stage Treatment. At ANA, you will be listened to, you have made the decision to enter treatment and learn how to live life free from substances. ANA will continue to support you throughout your journey.
At ANA, you will receive support from your peers, the whole staff team and clients who have graduated from their treatment programme and stay in regular contact to support through their experience. You will be allocated a keyworker who will provide one-to-one sessions, that are guided by your individual needs. As you progress through your treatment programme you will build your recovery network, which will continue to offer support once you have graduated.
We understand it can be hard to ask for support, but at ANA you will not always have to. During your assessment, you will tell us what signs to look for when you are struggling. Part of your treatment is to learn the skill of asking for help and knowing when you need extra support.
Our therapy programme:
- Group therapy
- Art therapy
- Cognitive and behaviour therapy
- Music therapy
- Guided relaxation
- Men and women’s group
- Presentation of step-work and your life-story
- Family group
- Therapy through activity at the Peter Ashley Activity Centre
- Education workshops e.g Co-dependance, Relationships, Listening skills etc
Support can mean many things:
- Entering education
- Finding accommodation post-treatment
- Building your life skills
- Learning to take care of your health and wellbeing
- Accepting your addiction and meeting the challenge of your recovery
ANA support continues once you have completed and graduated from your treatment programme with our aftercare programme.